This is a community for beta readers and writers. The goal for this community is to help those who are just starting out, or for those who want a second opinion, or for betas who want some extra tips and tricks to expand their skills.
Just as a preview, I thought I'd let you know some of the topics coming up. This is not an extensive list, nor are the topics in the order they will be given. If there is something you would like me to rant on, please don't be shy about letting me know.
- Common grammar mistakes
- Common punctuation mistakes
- Placement of people, places, and things
- Show vs. tell
- Tact-how to say what you mean without being mean
- General rules-striking a deal
- Comma usage
- Semicolon usage
- The importance of attitude
- Canon vs. Fanon
- Tenses and timeline consistency
- The dialogue tag
- General rules - know your limits
- A critical eye - catching the hidden stuff
- What to do when you're in over your head
Again, this is a working list. It is not complete without your input. If there is anything you would like to see, or would like me to write about first, let me know.